About this guide
This help guide will walk you through the process of downloading, installing and using the trip authentication feature part of the Liftshare smart parking functionality. This guide is helpful if you are required to trip authenticate each time you share your journey with a teammate and are not sure where to begin.
Important: If you have downloaded the Liftshare companion app but you do not see the option to trip authenticate your journey, this this may be because you are not in the correct community. Please reach out to your onsite Liftshare Manager or contact Liftshare Support, tell us which community scheme you think you should be a member of, and we will arrange for your account to be moved across.
Before you get started
Download the Liftshare Companion App?
Before you can trip authenticate your journeys, you first need to make sure you have downloaded the Liftshare companion app from the Google Play Store or the App Store on to your smartphone.
A reminder to corporate community members
If you are a corporate carshare scheme member, then you need to make sure you sign up to Liftshare via your organisations dedicated Liftshare URL, otherwise you will risk not have any visibility of your colleagues.
Your communities dedicated Liftshare URL can be found on any marketing posters or flyers promoting your organisations Liftshare community. You can also reach out to your organisations Liftshare Manager onsite.
Contact support if you experience any issues
If you think you have accidentally signed up to the wrong network because you don't see the option to Trip Authenticate, contact Liftshare Support and let us know which community you think you should be part of and we will be able to arrange for your account to be moved into the right community.
How to Trip Authenticate a journey
- Launch the Liftshare Companion app on your smartphone.
- If you are not signed into your account, log in using the email address and password associated with your existing Liftshare account.
- Note: At this moment in time it is NOT possible to register for a new account via the Liftshare companion app. Please visit your Communities unique URL and register an account first.
- Once you have logged in click Authenticate on the companion app home screen. Note: If you are expecting to see the Authentication function in the app but don't see it, then you have likely signed up to the wrong community. Please contact support with details of the community you think you should be in.
- Select whether or not you are the DRIVER or PASSENGER and get your teammate to do the same.
- If you have selected I'm the DRIVER, then QR code will appear on your device ready to be scanned using the passengers smartphone camera.
- If there is more than 1 passenger on the journey then each passenger must scan a different QR code; this means the driver will need to generate a new QR code for each passenger – a new QR code is generated by selecting ‘Add a new passenger’ after the first code is scanned. All passengers should authenticate (scan QR code) at the final pick up point of the last passenger.
- Once the QR code has been successfully scanned you will receive confirmation of the authentication.
- If you are the driver, you will receive a success push notification confirming the Trip Authentication was Successful.
- If you are the passenger, you will an on screen success message confirming the Trip Authentication was successful.
Please make sure you follow the law around using mobile phones and devices when driving, If you are the driver then your vehicle must be parked, with the engine switched off,before using your mobile phone.
Got more questions? We're here
If you have any other questions, check out our knowledge base or why not raise a support ticket and someone from our team will be able to help.
Your Liftshare Team